Saturday, December 12, 2009

TimeLine view - header regions

Working on the TimeLine view I have started getting the row headers to draw. I am stepwise refining the row header drawing until I have the row headers drawing correctly. The PC version of cello draws row headers like this:
So my start is to take the single rectangle for a row and to divide it into four parts. The text part will grow and shrink horizontally - the other parts are fixed (they will display icons). I did this by writing a small C++ class that just calculates the dimensions. I could have done this in C, or Cocoa but sometimes C++ is closest to hand - and it fell out very simply. I altered the drawing to reflect the calculated rectangles. It is a temporary debugging measure I just frame the rectangles. - so the evolving headers now look like this:

No comments: