Friday, June 27, 2008

Mounting the board - Cello's first crash.

Cello now crashes. This represents progress as it means that I have come to an end of rounding-up in the great ranch of link errors.


Cello won't do any more than allow you to choose a file - it crashes way before any part of the file reading code is called. So now to work through the crashes - I fully expect this process to pull in more and more files.

I expect that I will have to largely pause my process of Unit Testing - simply because there is nothing discrete to test. When I get to the stage of being able to open simple files I will try and add them to the Cello project as unit tests - the test being little more that the fact that Cello can open the file. The idea behind this is that if/when I break things so that a file that did open no longer opens I want to know.

No comments: