Saturday, July 26, 2008

Reading Bitmap Objects III

[build 0034] It looks like I have come to the end of DIBs and CGImages - well that is as far as the file format and file generation goes. The final part was, much as I suspected, mainly leg-work.

Below is one of the final parts of my testing - showing transparency working correctly in the output file. The GIF transparency has the characteristic halo as it only supports 0% or 100% transparency.Testing the file generation had a few wrinkles - the file format caters for 8-Bit indexed bitmaps, but I was only able to get the Image IO file import to yield 16bit indexed bitmaps. So in order to test this properly I added code that would convert the 16 bit indexed to 8-bit indexed. In the end the extra leg-work was well worth the effort - the unit tests that I added to check the conversion threw into open some underlying issues that I had in some of the other conversion routines.

Prior to moving on to the next part, I shall probably start looking at text and glyphs, I added a small number of sample files to the Unit Tests of the project - to assert that a file, with images, when written is the same as when it was first read (I create these test files in the PC version of Cello) - the idea is to get an early call on any regression in this area.

No comments: