Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Cello - publishing the first file

[build 0025] Cello now publishes the simple test file (just a red square) under OSX.
The publish revealed a single bug - code that was designed to ensure that all the folders in a file path existed, and created them if any were missing, failed. Cello has a class that does this and calls through to one of a small number of utility functions built on top of the cocoa NSFileManager. When writing the utility functions I wrote unit tests but importantly did not for the class that used them. It was left as a note on my todo list - and that was it. Writing the test and making the fix was a ten minute job. Had I done it when I identified the need I would have got a home run (or is it a maiden over) on the first publish, that is it would have worked first time.

No comments: