Monday, March 1, 2010

TimeLine view - Labels

I am continuing to work on the header of the timeline. In addition to showing the current time frame and a selection the timeline can show labels and actions. I have been working on the visualization of labels.

In the PC version of Cello the labels are shown as flags.


The flags are named points in the timeline. I have taken this in the OSX Cello and changed it very slightly. Keeping the flags I have dropped them down to a second new marker line. This is the sort of visualization you often see for tab markers in a word processing column.


Single Frame Selected (current frame)


Multiple Frames Selected

It is a tiny change - I made it so that I could see the time-frame markers. At the expense of a modest amount of space it is a little less cluttered.

No comments: