Sunday, January 25, 2009

UI - Preparing for Power

I had a friend who was in a member of the Revolutionary Communist Party and was planning to attend a meeting optimistically entitled "Preparing for Power". At the time it really tickled me. and has become one of those wonderfull phrases that has stuck with me.

So for my part I am "Preparing for UI". These are the small baby steps that are required to start doing something. I have split the project into a library that has most of the blood-and-guts (the engine) and the test application links against it. Following this I have created a new target (that is really a copy of the test Application) called Cello. This will be the finished Application and this is where the UI will live. I have always found XCode an awkward beast to handle so adding targets is a surprisingly cumbersome to manage. XCode is not a bad tool but for me, and it may well be a personal short coming, it seems to fly against the idea that "simple things should be accomplished simply".

No comments: